Salma Hayek is one of the most beautiful and talented actresses in the world, so it’s no surprise that her daughter, Valentina Paloma Pinault, is also incredibly striking.
In terms of looks, Valentina is a dead ringer for her mother. She has the same dark hair, big brown eyes, and full lips. She’s also tall and slender, with a model-esque figure. But Valentina is more than just a pretty face. She’s also intelligent and accomplished. She’s fluent in English, Spanish, and French, and she’s an excellent student. She’s also a talented artist and musician.
Born into the luxe life, Valentina is the heiress to her father’s $33 billion fortune, but she doesn’t seem to be interested in the spotlight. She prefers to keep a low profile and focus on her studies and her hobbies.
An Heiress to Inherit
Valentina Paloma Pinault was born on September 21, 2007, to a pair of global celebrities, Salma Hayek and billionaire businessman François-Henri Pinault. She is an heiress to her father’s whopping $33 billion fortune, a massive wealth accrued through Pinault’s position as the CEO of Kering, the French luxury group. But Valentina’s upbringing has emphasized the importance of individual accomplishment and not mere reliance on family fortune.
Physical Traits: Like Mother, Like Daughter
Valentina is a striking blend of her parents, displaying her mother’s remarkable beauty paired with a sense of style that speaks volumes of her exposure to her father’s world of fashion. She shares Salma’s expressive, dark brown eyes, rich dark hair, and full lips. Tall and slender with an elegant posture, Valentina already mirrors a model-like figure that suggests a future runway star.
The teenager also expresses her interest in makeup but shares that it’s not for the reason that many others like to wear it.
“I love makeup, I have a lot of it, but I don’t do it to be very pretty or because I want to remove imperfections,” she says. “Sometimes I don’t want to apply concealer because I think dark circles add something else. I like to wear makeup in lots of colors and, I don’t know, I like to explore it.”
A Young Woman of Many Interests
Salma Hayek’s daughter isn’t just about looks and inherited wealth; she’s a multi-faceted individual with a wide range of interests. The fashion-conscious teen often attends luxury brand shows such as Gucci and Bottega Veneta. Moreover, her unique sense of style is already on display, with Valentina candidly admitting to Vogue Mexico about her love for borrowing her mother’s clothes. Despite their glamorous public appearances, the teenager confessed to preferring sweats when not in the spotlight.
Her hobbies extend beyond fashion. Valentina’s love for photography has resulted in a delightful collection of vintage-style photos of her friends, taken on disposable cameras. This hobby may perhaps hint at a future career in visual arts or filmmaking.
Speaking to Vogue Mexico, Valentina opens up about her hopes to follow in her mom’s footsteps.
“I want different things, but I almost always move between 4, I would like to be an actress and then a director because that is what makes sense in my head,” she says, as translated to English. “Also, I think it must be more difficult to be a director if you don’t have experience on the other side of the screen, that could help directing.”
Valentina is also multilingual, comfortably speaking English, Spanish, and French, further highlighting her rich multicultural background. This linguistic ability isn’t just a party trick; it reveals a global-mindedness that will serve her well in an increasingly interconnected world.
A Heart for Giving
Growing up under the influence of philanthropic parents, Valentina has been inspired to contribute her share towards societal betterment. In the Vogue Mexico interview, she showed her passion for alleviating homelessness, a cause close to her heart due to her personal connection with people affected by it. She regularly volunteers at a soup kitchen, taking a hands-on approach to the issue, emphasizing the importance of personal contact and empathy in understanding and addressing homelessness.
Travel is another significant aspect of Valentina’s life. As the daughter of high-profile parents, she’s been privy to globetrotting experiences from a tender age. Europe, Asia, South America — these are no longer just names on a map to her but are actual places she’s visited and absorbed the cultures of, providing her with a rich tapestry of experiences.
Valentino is trilingual and speaks French, Spanish and English. In an interview with her mother for Vogue Mexico in 2022, Valentina mentioned she loved the connection she felt with her mother when they speak Spanish together.
“When we are with more people, I like it because it is like a secret because nobody speaks Spanish because, with my dad, I speak French,” she told Vogue.
Salma added: “I speak to you in Spanish if I don’t want those around you to understand us. In addition, I think it strengthens unity, the family bond, strengthens the bond we have.”
Echoing her mother’s footsteps, Valentina has expressed a keen interest in acting and directing. Given her exposure to the industry from an early age, her multicultural background, her creativity, and her understanding of different worldviews, she seems well-positioned to carve a successful career in the Hollywood industry.
Valentina Paloma Pinault’s Favorite Places to Travel:
- Paris, France: As the daughter of a French billionaire, Paris is undoubtedly a favorite destination. With its rich history, architecture, and culture, there is always something new to explore in the City of Lights.
- Mexico City, Mexico: With her mother’s roots in Mexico, Valentina often travels here to connect with her Mexican heritage. This vibrant city, filled with history and culture, is certainly a favorite.
- Los Angeles, USA: Born in Los Angeles, Valentina loves exploring the city’s various attractions, including the Hollywood Walk of Fame, Beverly Hills, and Malibu beach.
- London, England: She has been seen entering a private members club in London, suggesting that the city’s blend of history and contemporary culture appeals to her.
Valentina Paloma Pinault’s Favorite Fashion Products:
- Gucci: As Kering owns this brand, it’s no surprise that Gucci is one of Valentina’s favorites. She’s attended Gucci’s catwalk shows and often dresses in the brand’s clothes.
- Bottega Veneta: Another brand in her father’s conglomerate, Bottega Veneta is well-known for its luxury Italian leather goods.
- Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium Perfume: Valentina has revealed in an interview that she saves her allowance to buy this luxury perfume.
- Charlotte Tilbury Makeup: The brand is known for its high-quality, glamorous products, aligning perfectly with Valentina’s fashion-forward style.
- Chanel Misia Perfume: Another favorite perfume, showing Valentina’s fondness for elegant and luxury scents.
Valentina Paloma Pinault’s Favorite Things:
- Photography: Valentina enjoys taking pictures of her friends with her vintage camera.
- Art: She has shown interest in painting and other art forms.
- Fashion: Valentina enjoys fashion and often dresses in designer clothes, attending high-profile fashion events.
- Horseback riding: A hobby she shares with her mother.
- Charity Work: Like her mother, Valentina has a compassionate side and often volunteers at a soup kitchen. She is passionate about social causes, particularly homelessness.
- Languages: Being trilingual, Valentina enjoys speaking different languages and possibly learning new ones.
A Bright Future Awaits
Valentina Paloma Pinault is a blossoming individual with a world of opportunities ahead of her. She may have been born into fame and fortune, but she’s not merely defined by that. Her interests, ambitions, and passion for making a difference speak of a young woman with a heart and mind of her own. There’s a lot more to anticipate from this rising star, and the world can only wait to witness her continued growth.
Photos used with courtesy of Vogue Mexico – credit Nico Bustos
NYC fashion writer blogging about all things lux. Attending New York University, future Fashionista.