Want to live like an emperor in Hong Kong? The $38.7 million “Champagne House” might just be for you. The four-bedroom, 4.5 bath home set on a stunning private park is just a 45-minute drive from central Hong Kong, yet feels much more like a private retreat.
The gated residence stands at an impressive 11,000 square feet and boasts two family rooms, two maids rooms, two guarded entrance gates and tranquil lake views, plus a guest house with three ensuite bedrooms and servant’s quarters. What interests us most about this home is its colonial design that seamlessly blends Eastern and Western cultures.
Here are a few of our favorite features:
- The “fountain room” featuring an octagonal water feature and white columns
- The grand atrium hall, which features high ceilings, crystal chandeliers, and a massive marble staircase
- The master bedroom, which offers a large terrace overlooking the park, a sauna, bath tub and standing shower
- A professional catering kitchen, which could service up to 300 guests at one time
- The private park surrounding the home, laid out like an Imperial Chinese garden, featuring a stone bridge, lake gallery, Ceremonial Hall, and a two-story principal pavilion in the style of the Qing Dynasty as well as some smaller pavillions.
- A long stone tiled terrace offers great views of the Ng Tung river which runs along the southern border of the estate, which might be used used for banquet settings, performances or cocktail receptions.
What are your thoughts? Are you in the market for a Hong Kong mansion?