Best Buy has reportedly sent out a survey asking consumers about a potential Apple TV product.
The survey, posted by the Verge, provides all sorts of tidbits about what an Apple TV could be. This includes:
- A 42″ 1080p LED flat-panel screen
- Incorporates the Apple iOS, including the iCloud service, as well the ability to stream movies and other entertainment from the Internet
- Fully compatible with the Apps store – letting you play Angry Birds on the big screen
- Integration with YouTube, Flikr and Netflix
- iSight camera and microphone for using Skype
- iPad and iPhone integration, allowing you to use those devices as a remote
- $1499 price tag
All this is nice and intriguing. Best Buy has said the survey was only ‘hypothetical’, but often where there is smoke, there’s fire.
The price tag looks a bit high at this point, but if Apple can fully integrate all their devices wirelessly – computers, iPads, iPods, etc. – with the TV, that could shake up some living rooms.