Born and raised in England, one of the world’s most successful singer, model and fashion designer feels at home in America. Victoria Beckham spoke her mind to New York Times, “I am very career minded, and I think my personality is more suited to America.”
Married to most drool-worthy soccer star, David Beckham, and a mother to four beautiful children, she can probably list down a hundred reasons to justify her pro-America statement. Are we waiting for her to churn out a cover version of James Brown’s ‘Living in America’?
The diva already rules with her flourishing fashion business. But that isn’t enough for her. She was loud and clear in her interview to T magazine, stating, “I want to get bigger and bigger. I absolutely want an empire.”
And before you turn judgmental, here is an insight to Victoria’s down-to-earth mind as she spills more beans on her ambition, her handsome husband, her lifestyle as a mother, her staid, non-smiling pout and much more…
– “I don’t want to be made to look like I’m 25. I’m 39. I don’t have any issues with my age.”
– “When you’re in a position to be paparazzi-ed just walking down the street, you’d look a little daft if you were smiling all the time. I smile in family photos.”
– “I just wanted to create beautiful clothes, good quality clothes I wanted to wear myself.”
– “I am a working mother.”
– “There are more categories that I want to enter into. I have five categories at the moment. But at some point I would love to do shoes, I would love to do fragrance, I would love to do makeup, I would like to do underwear.”
– “We don’t want anyone to know I eat. Why ruin that?”
– “David does the cooking. … He’s really good.” Also “I think he looks great whatever he does. He literally always looks really, really good.”
The family had first moved to Los Angeles, California in 2007 when David signed up for the Los Angeles Galaxy. However they have returned to their roots, as they moved the UK last December.
Via NY TImes