“It’s one splurge I never regret,” a friend shared after revealing that the one beauty product she wouldn’t want to live without is… hair perfume.
And it seems she’s not alone.
Perhaps because hair works so well as a diffuser — always in motion and keeping scent long after it’s applied — this beauty buy is a fast growing favorite that works well alone, and sometimes in tandem with other fragrance.
Want to give the trend a try? Read on to see six sophisticated smells that’ll make your blowout even more bombshell…
- Fekkai Mist Citron en Menthe ($20)
This fresh mist is inspired by the scent of the Fekkai Full Blown Volume collection. Crafted with crisp mint and bright citron notes, it gives hair a seductive touch of fruited scent and shine, while helping to prevent static.
The much-celebrated signature scent for Oribe’s hair care line was created by one of the oldest French fragrance houses. With its sun-drenched notes of Calabrian bergamot, white butterfly jasmine and sandalwood, Côte d’Azur evokes the glamour and heat of the legendary destination.
- Shu Uemura’s Essence Absolue Limited Edition Hair Fragrance ($68)
With the delicacy of a flower, this light and floral hair mist enhances a hairstyle with a sensual lingering scent, softness and intense radiance.
- Serge Normant Arah Eau de Parfum ($60)
Avah means Desire and Life…and this Avah encompasses alluring and exquisite notes of ylang ylang, jasmine, amber, soft woods and musks to create a sensual fragrance experience. Jojoba, Aloe Vera and Vitamin E add to the unique composition with their caring, nourishing properties.
- Carnal Flower from Edition de Parfums Frederick Malle ($250)
The ultimate seduction fragrance, Carnal Flower pays tribute to the most voluptuous of scented blooms, the tuberose. The carnal flowers’ top notes are accented with bergamot and eucalyptus, while its base further layered with jasmine, ylang-ylang and orange blossom.
- Garren New York Hair Fragrance ($35)
Garren’s light, clean, unisex fragrances are formulated to deliver long-lasting scent and shine to the hair without disrupting style. Comes in four scents!
- Citrus Shimmer: luminous mandarin with ozone breezes, glimmering greens and ivory musks.
- Golden Woods: warm, golden woods with sheer citrus splashes.
- Sheer Fig: airy fig notes fused with dewy florals and sheer woods.
- Cattleya Orchid: delicate, petal soft notes of orchid, yuzu and magnolia with a background of rainlily and sandalwood.