After seven groundbreaking seasons, “Mad Men” recently ended its celebrated run on AMC. On July 31, fans of “Mad Men” will have the opportunity to take home a part of the show when Hollywood collectibles auction site ScreenBid hosts an exclusive online auction of more than 1500 production-used props, wardrobe items, set decorations and other memorabilia from the series.
“Mad Men,” which followed the professional and personal lives of Madison Avenue advertising men and women during the 1960s, is one of the most honored series in television history, acclaimed for its brilliantly drawn characters and its historical authenticity in costume and design. The series has won dozens of awards, including three Golden Globes for Best Drama and four Emmys for Outstanding Drama Series, tying the all-time record for Emmy wins in the category.
Mad Men auction items are available now for preview on Screenbid.com. Bidding will begin on July 31 and lots will begin closing August 6.
Highlights from the auction include:
- Don Draper’s 1965 Cadillac Coupe de Ville
- Don Draper’s Brooks Brothers suits, sunglasses and business cards
- Wardrobe, office accessories and personal effects for every major character including Peggy Olsen, Pete Campbell, Roger Sterling, Betty Draper and Joan Harris
- Megan Draper’s wedding ring
- Don Draper’s penthouse furnishings
- Joan’s emerald necklace
- Stan’s Bongos
- Bert Cooper’s tea set
- Vintage Barware and ashtrays
- Business cards and office accessories for major characters from every iteration of the agency
- Briefcases, luggage, lamps, carpets and dozens of period toys
- Many other items from the Mad Men finale
Fans can preview the auction online now at www.ScreenBid.com.
The award-winning “Mad Men” starred Jon Hamm, January Jones, Vincent Kartheiser, Elisabeth Moss, Christina Hendricks, John Slattery, Aaron Staton, Rich Sommer, Christopher Stanley, Jessica Pare, Jay R. Ferguson, Kevin Rahm, Kiernan Shipka and Mason Vale Cotton.
Alex has written for Vanity Fair, Barrons, Bloomberg and Condé Nast Traveler.