Looking for the most romantic places in New York for Valentine’s Day 2023? Here is a roundup of our favorite spots, with something for everyone.
For Serious Cocktail lovers: Dante
This multi-award-winning cocktail bar is perfect for some old fashioned New York romance. With two downtown locations, internationally-renowned cocktails, delectable Italian-forward menus and mood lighting, this intimate scene is sure to please even the harshest critic. After your dine at Dante, make sure to take a souvenir home with you with the special limited-edition cocktail boxes, The Rose & Heart of Gold. Each gift box comes complete with illustrated coasters, matches, Dante’s signature playlists, recipes & tips from the team.
For Steak Enthusiasts: Benjamin Steakhouse Prime
This New York classic steakhouse is always a must-visit, and will be featuring an all-star Valentine’s Day menu with items like Lobster Bisque, Italian Burrata, New York Sirloin, Seasonal Truffle Risotto for $125 per person. Click here to book.
For Design Lovers: The Crosby and The Whitby Hotels
The Crosby Bar & Restaurant will be hosting a Valentine’s Day Afternoon Tea at The Crosby Bar & Restaurant, including a glass Veuve Clicquot, Pink Label NV from the 10-19th February. $75 per person.
The downtown sister property, The Whitby Bar, under direction of Head Chef Anthony Paris has created a special three-course Valentine’s Day menu filled with an array of fresh, seasonal dishes. Start the evening with Champagne and caviar, before moving onto Côte de Boeuf, Maine Lobster and raspberry and white chocolate tart. $185 per person.
For Seekers of the Exotic: Lagos Restaurant & Lounge
If you want to spend Valentine’s Day with a luxe chauffeur pick-up, intimate 10-course dinner and private jazz-trio performance- the Ikoyi Indulgence Experience ($500) is what you have been looking for. After being transported by private chauffeur, sipping sparkling rose upon arrival, take a seat in an intimate private booth and get ready for an extravagant 10-course menu of West-African classics and American staples. Some of the highlights include lobster pasta; roasted sea-bass served with jollof rice; strawberry bruschetta topped with mascarpone, and a house-made Champagne sorbet. The experience also includes a private jazz performance, along with a bouquet of roses for diners to take home.If you were looking for something more low-key, the Love from Lekki Experience ($275) features a bottle of sparkling rose, a three-course menu of crab cake or tiger shrimp pepper-soup; pan-seared salmon or steak, served with lobster tail, mashed potatoes and asparagus; and sponge cake with rich chocolate mousse, or Champagne sorbet. Tickets for each experience can be purchased here.
For Fanciful Mediterranean Feasts: Reyna
Brand new Mediterranean restaurant REYNA, is featuring Eleanor’s Mistress for Valentine’s Day, a beautiful conconcution of Gin mare infused with fig and white mustard seed, paw paw liqueur, apple and thyme syrup, white port champagne, lemon juice, fig and fennel bitters, and a white rose served tableside. Pair with the set 4-course Valentine’s Day menu, with decadent options like grilled sea bream, lobster, lebanese tacos and chocolate lava cake. $125/couple or $185/couple with a bottle of Moet Rose.
For Rooftop Lovers: The Ivy Room Piano Bar
For the Ultimate Romance: The Ritz-Carlton New York, NoMad
One of the newest and most exclusive properties in New York City, The Ritz-Carlton New York, NoMad is the ultimate destination for Valentine’s Day with the its first Valentine’s Day Package, A Blossoming Love. Not only do you get to dine at Chef José Andrés famed Nubeluz restaurant, you get to stay in The Ritz-Carlton Suite or a beautiful one-bedroom suite with views of Downtown Manhattan.
This decadent package includes:
- An overnight stay in The Ritz-Carlton Suite or Liberty Suite
- Welcome bottle of Dom Pérignon Vintage 2003
- A bouquet of 1,000 roses by FlowerBX
- Chocolate and spirit infused dessert welcome amenity
- Luxury roundtrip airport transfer
- 90 Minute Custom Spa Treatment for Two in the Primrose Suite featuring floral inspired essential oils at The Ritz-Carlton Spa New York, NoMad
- Gems and Jewelry of New York Tour including a guided tour of The Met’s most opulent exhibits followed by a visit to Cartier’s restored mansion on Fifth Avenue or a jewelry making experience
- Custom breakfast for two in-room
- Reserved seating at Nubeluz, a place for romance after
- The Ritz-Carlton Suite starts at $30,000 per night
- The Liberty Suite starts at $8,000 per night
- To reserve, guests must email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-404-8400. Offer is valid for double occupancy for The Ritz-Carlton Suite or Liberty Suite. Advance booking of 72 hours is required, with a two-night stay minimum. Additional terms and conditions apply.
For Romantics: Kimpton Hotel Eventi
This Valentine’s Day, couples who visit boutique hotel will receive their very own love poem as a keepsake from their romantic New York City visit. Called Love Notes from Eventi, guests meet with the property’s resident poet Ryan Ashley The Poet and share every detail of their love story with him in a private meeting. Ryan then will capture the love story in a poem using using a vintage typewriter. Along with their personal love note, this romance package also includes:
- Accommodations in Kimpton Hotel Eventi’s newly updated guest rooms, featuring loft-like designs for an edgy yet polished respite
- $100 dining credit to use for a date night at Laurent Tourondel’s Italian-influenced American restaurant L’Amico, his lounge-like American-style restaurant and cocktail bar The Vine, or Skirt Steak, the hotel’s newest eatery
- A box of CBD-infused chocolates awaiting guests upon arrival
Love Notes from Eventi starts at $399 per night and can be booked by calling 646-794-6830.
Kimberly Fisher is a Pursuitist contributor. As a freelance writer and on-camera host, Kimberly has traveled the world and has published over 400 articles in over 44 publications including Sherman's Travel, Huffington Post, JustLuxe, Luxury Lifestyles UK, eHow, Examiner, Food Wine Travel Magazine, Luxe Beat, NiteGuide, Ocean View, and USA Today. Disclosure: Kimberly is under contract with Casa Del Sol.