The only way to wear nude in the best form is by stepping into Christian Louboutin’s Nudes! The Parisian footwear designer was inspired by the knowledge that “all women want longer legs” to launch the first-of-its-kind Nudes Collection in the summer of 2013. Though the skin-tone collection has been wildly successful, Mr. Louboutin felt the need to add more shades to it as he has clients from every continent and wants to make each of them happy! There are endless excuses to swear by the Nudes, but lets take a look at seven noteworthy reasons to wear the Red-sole-Nudes.
2) Ranging from fair to chestnut, Christian Louboutin has added two new shades to up the collection to seven shades of Nudes for this fall. Till now, the lightest has been Lea and Ada the darkest with Nats, Maya and Safki ranging in between .
3) Along with the classics styles that includes Pigalle, Simple Pump and Bianca, the new Nudes collection will debut in seasonal silhouettes Deepik and Dorissima for the first time. While the Deepik is a scalloped-edge, peep-toe stiletto, Dorissima stands up as a single-sole, timeless pump with a heart-shaped toe box and a thin sky-high heel.
4) “Nude is not a colour, it’s a concept,” Christian explains. By elongating the legs and complementing a woman’s silhouette, a nude pump conveys the fluidity, versatility, and allure of the female body, an ongoing inspiration for Louboutin.
5) The transparency of the shoe also offers a certain “freedom” to the rest of the appearance as Nude shoes go with everything and can be teamed up with any handbag or accessory. Undoubtedly, the ease and second-skin nature of the shoes explains why stylists and clients alike adore them.
6) Christian believes that So Kate Nude has the ideal heel height and although “re-arranged in terms of toe cleavage,” it resembles the label’s most popular shoe the Pigalle. Gracefully placed on a thin heel with a long, pointed toe, this 120mm beauty is the quintessential pump for true stiletto lovers. In celebration of The Nudes, the new icon So Kate is the most recent addition for $675 in this extraordinary capsule collection.
7) Deepik’s extraordinary silhouette is defined by its scalloped vamp and eye-catching “New Wave” heel. The asymmetrical open toe features a small panel of transparent PVC to assist in the effect. Part of of the new Nudes Collection and available for $995, this Blush No. 3 version of Deepik is for the olive toned Louboutin lady.
NYC fashion writer blogging about all things lux. Attending New York University, future Fashionista.