Condé Nast Traveler has named the Ritz-Carlton Shanghai, Pudong as the best hotel in the world in its annual Readers’ Choice survey.
The magazine announced the results ahead of the November issue and revealed the Shanghai hotel’s victory ahead of Peninsula House in the Dominican Republic, which won second place
The Four Seasons Sharm El Sheikh won third place, while the Safari Lodges at Phinda Private Game Reserve in South Africa came in fourth.
The Readers’ Choice Awards are among the most comprehensive in the travel calendar, recognizing over 1,200 winners across various categories as voted for by over 28,000 readers
The world’s best hotels
Compiled by Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards
1. Ritz-Carlton Shanghai, Pudong
2. Peninsula House, Dominican Republic
3. Four Seasons Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
4. Safari Lodges at Phinda Private Game Reserve, South Africa
5. Kirawira Luxury Tented Camp, Tanzania
6. Lodge at Kauri Cliffs, New Zealand
7. Elysian Hotel, Chicago
8. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok
9. Mombo and Little Mombo Camps, Botswana
10. 21c Museum Hotel, Louisville, Ky.