Mercedes-AMG is sharpening its product portfolio and redefining the entry performance coupe segment with the new CLE 53 Coupe.
Following are key details for the powerhouse coupe, arriving at U.S. dealerships in 2024:
- The sporty two-door model combines the best of two worlds: agility and sportiness of the AMG C-Class with the interior space and elegance of the AMG E-Class
- Distinctive shaped edges structure the coupe’s profile, while flared front and rear fenders, a wide track (+2.3 inches at the front, +3 inches at the rear compared to Mercedes-Benz CLE) and standard 19-inch wheels give the new AMG CLE Coupe a powerful appearance
- The interior welcomes passengers with unique equipment, exclusive materials and the latest generation MBUX infotainment system
- The AMG-enhanced 3.0-liter inline six-cylinder engine with turbocharging via an exhaust gas turbocharger and an electric auxiliary compressor has been thoroughly modified and now produces 443 hp and 413 lb-ft of torque (443 lb-ft for 12 seconds with overboost)
- Power is transferred via an AMG SPEEDSHIFT® TCT 9G transmission and AMG Performance 4MATIC+ fully variable all-wheel drive
Pursuitist automotive and lifestyle contributor Brian Armstead has been involved in print, radio, web and television for over 47 years. Brian has traveled to 79 countries. He is a North American Car, Truck and Utility of the Year (NACTOY) Juror.