The iPhone 5C is being touted for the expected color variety and lower cost, thanks to the plastic casing the device will employ. But analysts have received conflicting information (or none at all) with regard to what’s under the hood of the the 5C. Many felt the device would be de-featured, in order to keep costs down.
Details are now emerging with regard to the iPhone 5C features, and fears of a stripped down device don’t appear to be the case. Here’s what to expect:
- Colors – White, Blue, Red, Yellow and Green
- An 8-megapixel rear camera and a 1.2 megapixel front facing camera
- The iPhone 5C will run iOS 7
- Complete Siri support for English, French, German, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Italian and Spanish
- Size and weight very similar to the iPhone 5
- 4-inch screen with a resolution of 640×1136 pixels
- Dual-core CPU with 1GB of RAM and 16GB, 32GB and 64GB sizes
- Lighting connector port
Many Apple watchers had predicted that Siri would be removed from the 5C in order to lower costs, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.
Apple is expected to unveil the iPhone 5C, as well as 5S, on September 10. Expect a lower cost on the iPhone 5C – $99 with a contract is the likely price tag. The phone is expected to help Apple make inroads in Asia.