In Milan, Gucci has unveiled the Gucci iPad App. Currently live on the Apple iTunes Store, you can download the editorial app ‘Gucci Style by Gucci’ here.
The new iPad app allows fans of the fashion brand to experience the world of Gucci like never before — it’s a backstage pass into the world of Creative Director Frida Giannini, who told us that “Gucci Style is the exclusive new shoppable magazine where fashion, trends and culture come together in a timely editorial experience full of insider stories, interactive videos and shoppable features.” It also features live feeds and activities from Gucci’s Twitter, Tumblr and Facebook accounts. According to Gucci, additional features of the iPad allows Gucci pursuitists to:
• Delve into a glossy video fashion shoot and direct the poses of the models
• Rotate special edition accessories through a unique 360-degree interactive feature
• Follow Creative Director Frida Giannini on the ultimate Italian road trip in the new 500 by Gucci car and find out where to eat, sleep and what to wear along the way
• Sample tunes from Frida’s 8,000+ personal vinyl collection
• Watch as master artisans craft Gucci’s iconic Bamboo bag and Horsebit loafers then virtually touch the finished products to learn about the craft behind each step
• Listen as equestrian champion and Gucci girl, Edwina Alexander, responds to a series of questions you control
• Access Gucci’s Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr whenever you want through real-time social feed
• Share your favorite products on Twitter and Facebook
Alex has written for Vanity Fair, Barrons, Bloomberg and Condé Nast Traveler.