It’s your turn to be a master distiller. Glenmorangie announced the launch of ‘Cask Masters,’ an program inviting fans of the Scotch whisky maker to help shape a brand new Glenmorangie limited edition.
Consumers will be able to join Dr. Bill Lumsden , Director of Distilling and Whisky Creation at The Glenmorangie Company, to a five stage journey where their opinions and votes will determine the development of the new single malt scotch whisky for release in late 2014. The winning dram will be chosen from three different aging outstanding whiskies that are nearing the end of their maturation in various casks at The Glenmorangie Distillery.
During the 18 month program consumers will be able to:
- Vote for their favorite of the three maturing whiskies
- Be involved in the naming of the new product
- Help decide the packaging and design
- Choose the photographic style that will bring the new expression to life
- Win the chance to attend the global launch event & help select its location
- Participants will also be able to win prestigious prizes including a VIP visit to The Glenmorangie Distillery and a trip to the country of origin of the oak cask in which the winning whisky has been matured.
Dr. Lumsden has already revealed his selection of the three rare whiskies to a group of leading international whisky experts, who have all independently offered their initial views on his selection. Their tasting notes are available on the Glenmorangie Cask Masters website, www.glenmorangie.com/caskmasters, to guide participants and shed light onto the unique venture.