Today, GE has unveiled a new French door refrigerator with a Keurig K-Cup Brewing System built into the door. The new GE Café French door refrigerator, coming in the fall and costing $3300, brings together GE’s hot water dispenser and the technology of a Keurig system to simplify single-serve brewing at home.
“Over the last couple years, GE surveyed Café French door refrigerator consumers who have the hot water feature; they asked us, ‘When can we have a refrigerator that dispenses coffee or tea?’ In fact, two-thirds said they’d be interested in a single-serve hot beverage dispenser,” said Dan Goldstein, refrigeration marketing manager for GE Appliances. “This inspired GE and Keurig to pursue the development of the industry-first, built-in, single-serve brewing system from a refrigerator.”
“As an innovator in the personal beverage system industry, Keurig is excited to partner with GE and to be the first to offer hot single-cup technology right from a refrigerator,” added Mark Wood, chief product officer, Keurig Hot Beverage Systems.
According to GE, additional features of the GE Café Series Refrigerator With Keurig K-Cup Brewing System include:
- Fresh, filtered water every time with no need to refill
- The built-in system frees up counter space, something that’s a premium in many kitchens, and the Keurig K-Cup brewer is dishwasher safe
- First-of-its-kind water filtration system, tested and verified by an independent third party to remove 98 percent of five trace pharmaceuticals from water2
- GE connected technology, allowing consumers to preset the brew time via their mobile device so the water in the reservoir is ready and waiting
- Water-dispensing flow rate and temperature designed to make the optimal cup of coffee, tea or other single-serve beverages
- ENERGY STAR® certification, meeting minimum efficiency standards for refrigerators and freezers and using as much energy as a cell phone does to charge overnight
- Opportunity to brew over 400 varieties of Keurig K-Cup beverages from 60+ major brands, including the top 10 best-selling coffee brands in America, including: Folgers®, Maxwell House®, Starbucks®, Dunkin’ Donuts®, Eight O’Clock®, Community® Coffee, and Peet’s Coffee and Tea®.