The list of the wealthiest people includes entrepreneurs, tycoons, inheritors, entertainers, musicians and is also highlighted by a few who glam up the universe of fashion. Topped by Alisher Usmanov, the 2013 Sunday Times Rich List spills out the details of the fortunes of Britain’s richest people. However with our attention fixed on the fashion world, Vogue reveals more fashionable details of the 25th anniversary Sunday Times Rich List. Topping the list of fashion’s wealthiest of the United Kingdom are Galen and George Weston. The owners of Selfridges are worth £6.65 billion which bags them the 11th slot in the overall list.
2) Second richest in the fashion world is Sir Philip Green. The fortune of the owner of the Arcadia empire totals up to of £3.88 billion which moves him to the 16th place on the 2013 Sunday Times Rich List.
3) Worth £3.51 billion, Sir Richard Branson is the 3rd richest under the fashion world’s radar while basking on 19th position on the main list.
4) The fourth fashion’s wealthiest and 60th on the overall list is Bernard Lewis and family, owner of River Island with a fortune of £1.25 billion.
5) Christina Ong who is controlling stake owner of Mulberry and founder of Club 21 follows with £700 million. She stands 126th on the list.
6) Sir Paul McCartney and Nancy Shevell ride high on £680 million fortune. Bagging 133rd slot on the Sunday Times list, he is also the country’s richest performer and boasts of sitting atop the list of Britain’s richest music millionaires.
7) J.K. Rowling, author of the Harry Potterbooks is worth £560 million and sits at 156th mark on the list.
8) Simon Fuller is worth £375 million and is pushed to 238rd position on the list.
9) Worth £320 million, the Head of State and the most fashionable Royal, Queen Elizabeth II sits majestically on the 268th slot on the 2013 Sunday Times Rich List.
10) On the 277th position is Tom Persson, H&M stakeholder with £300 million fortune under his belt.
Other notable mentions in the world ruled by style and fame are –
Sir Elton John worth £240 million at 338th, Damien Hirst worth £215 million at 368th, David and Victoria Beckham worth £200 million and Sir Mick Jagger worth £200 million at 387th and Catherine Zeta-Jones and Michael Douglas worth £185 million at 427th position. Worth £180 million, Tamara Mellon bagged the 434th position on the 2013 Sunday Times Rich List.
NYC fashion writer blogging about all things lux. Attending New York University, future Fashionista.