The Epcot International Food & Wine Festival from October 1, 2010 — November 14, 2010 is an autumn special event that transforms Epcot Theme Park into a food and wine lover’s paradise with specialty food items, culinary events, sophisticated parties and live musical entertainment.
Epcot always features a remarkable collection of international dining opportunities and tempting spirits, but during the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival there is even more to sample, sip and love.
Try delicious cuisine from around the world at special food booths set up along World Showcase Promenade. Explore specialty marketplaces featuring regional foods, wines and beers. Learn from renowned chefs and winemakers at special programs and demonstrations, and sample the finest cuisine from around the globe at spectacular culinary events.
Plus, there is more to do than just enjoying great food and beverage. Enjoy the Eat to the Beat concert series and unwind with a stellar lineup of celebrated musical acts.
When you arrive at Epcot, visit the Festival Welcome Center to plan your day. You’ll also find the Festival Wine Shop and the Wonders Bar—where you can purchase champagne and wine or attend official book signings with celebrity chefs and authors. The Stockpot shop offers marvelous merchandise, including the collectable marketplace cookbook.
Epcot Theme Park admission is required. Some Epcot International Food & Wine Festival events require ticket fees in addition to admission to Epcot. Availability is limited for some events. Events may be rescheduled or cancelled at any time.
Epcot 2010 International Food & Wine Festival Highlights:
* More than 300 national and international wines
* 45 fabulous days long
* More than 76 kinds of international foods, each appetizer-sized portion priced $2-$5
* More than 160 of America’s most celebrated chefs and Walt Disney World® Resort chefs
* 1,200 wine and beer seminars featuring more than 100 topics
* More than 1,200 fireworks rockets exploding each night over World Showcase Lagoon in “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” grand finale to the festival
* 135 Eat to the Beat! concerts performed
* 33,000 bottles of wine and champagne
* 1.2 million hors d-oeuvre plates
* 2.1 million Vanity Fair napkins
* 750,000 beer cups
* 690,000 sumptuous samplings
* 600,000 forks
* 338,000 wine glasses
* 100,000 miniature desserts, including creme brulee, traditional apple strudel, baklava and more
* 3,000 gallons of soup, including cheddar cheese soup (Montreal marketplace), seafood gumbo (New Orleans marketplace), and chilled tomato and garlic soup (Barcelona marketplace)
* 1,500 pounds of fresh strawberries
The six-week festival will showcase tastes from countries on six continents. More than 25 international marketplaces will serve tapas-sized portions of regional specialties at $2-to-$5 each, and recommended wines and beers make perfect pairings at each kiosk. Daily complimentary wine and beer tastings serve up sips from around the world, and culinary demonstrations dish up featured taste treats. A series of special culinary programs features a lineup of renowned winemakers, guest chefs and speakers participating in elegant dinners, luncheons, seminars and wine schools.
Guests can call 407/WDW-FEST (939-3378) for information about the 2010 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival and to make reservations for special events and programs.