It’s a race to the skies for airlines this week. On the heels of news about Ethiad’s new “Residence” apartments in their first class cabins, Air France has unveiled news of new ‘La Premiere’ first class cabin suites on their own 777 jets.
“Our new La Première suite, from among all our new products and services, is the one that best represents our commitment to service excellence and a French travel experience. It illustrates our intention to recover and our global ambition,” said Frédéric Gagey, chairman and CEO of Air France.
Air France will have four individual suites on each 777-300, which will re retrofitted to include the following updates:
– A personal 24″ touch screen monitor, one of the largest in the industry
– Fully retractable arm rests and a lay-flat bed that is over six feet long
– A Sofitel duvet and mattress, installed by the cabin crew
– Thick light-dimming privacy curtains
– A private ottoman that allows the passenger to invite another guest to join them for dinner, a cocktail, or conversation
– Several private storage areas
– Window blinds that close with a single switch
– Homey accessories, such as a bedside lamp, pillow and amenities kit
To unveil its new La Première suite, as well as its new travel concept and all the new cabins it has recently revealed, Air France has created a unique event with three international exhibitions in Shanghai, New York and Paris in May, June and September 2014. The events take place from May 8 to 11 in Shanghai, June 26 to 28 in New York and September 20 to 21 in Paris.