5 Luxurious Surprises You Didn’t Know about the Jetsetting Brad Pitt.
You may think you know Brad Pitt, the Hollywood A-lister who has graced silver screens across the globe with his riveting performances and magnetic charm. But beneath the shimmering veneer of stardom, there’s a Brad Pitt who loves the arts, design, and the sophisticated luxury that comes with being a global jetsetter. Today, we invite you on an intimate journey to discover this less-known side of Pitt—the connoisseur of architecture, the sculptor, the watch enthusiast, the once-upon-a-time chauffeur, and even the devotee of gold-flecked hair products.
I. A Self-Taught Architectural Enthusiast
One might associate Brad Pitt with the sweeping vistas of Hollywood, but his interests extend far beyond the glitz and glamour of Tinseltown. One surprising fact about Pitt is his deep-rooted passion for architecture. This passion is so profound that he spent a significant portion of his leisure time teaching himself the complex craft. His taste for sophisticated design is evident in his collection of properties, including a chateau in France and a mid-century masterpiece in Los Angeles. Pitt’s architectural proclivity also drove him to establish the Make It Right Foundation in 2007, which provided sustainable and affordable housing in New Orleans post-Hurricane Katrina.
II. An Unusual Indulgence: The Art of Sculpting
Pitt is not just an appreciator of art; he is a creator himself. In the midst of his bustling Hollywood life, Pitt has found solace in the tactile world of sculpting. His studio, tucked away in the outskirts of Los Angeles, is a playground for his creativity, boasting a labyrinth of half-finished clay forms and metal pieces. This might seem like a departure from Pitt’s persona as an actor, but it underscores a recurrent theme in his life: the relentless pursuit of new experiences.
III. The Once-upon-a-time Chauffeur
Though he might now travel in chauffeured luxury vehicles or private jets, there was a time when Brad Pitt was the one behind the wheel. Before his breakthrough in Hollywood, Pitt transported strippers in a limousine for bachelor parties. This rather unconventional ‘chauffeur’ role, while not directly related to luxury, speaks volumes about his journey and the ground he has covered to ascend the dizzying heights of stardom.
IV. A Luxurious Taste in Timepieces
When it comes to timepieces, Brad Pitt is known for his exquisite taste and collection. As a longtime brand ambassador for TAG Heuer, his passion for precision and craftsmanship is evident. Pitt owns a variety of luxury watches, including the Patek Philippe Nautilus, one of the world’s most sought-after watches. His affinity for such timepieces serves as a reflection of his refined taste and a testament to his status in the world of luxury.
V. His Golden Hair is a Luxury, Too
Brad Pitt’s enviable hair has been the subject of fascination for years. Interestingly, the star doesn’t skimp when it comes to hair care products. His hairstylist, David Babaii, revealed that Pitt’s signature tousled locks are maintained using a hairspray that’s made with actual gold flakes. While this might seem a tad indulgent, it exemplifies the unusual intersections of luxury in his life.
Brad Pitt’s life is an intricate tapestry of refined taste, arts, and design—each element offering a unique perspective into the world of this global jetsetter. From his self-taught passion for architecture to his collection of luxury timepieces, and his unusual indulgences like gold-flecked hair products, Pitt represents a paradigm of unconventional luxury. Join us as we unveil these unexpected facets of his life, each offering a fresh and fascinating glimpse into the lesser-known world of a Hollywood icon.
Brad Pitt: A Snapshot
- Full Name: William Bradley Pitt
- Birthdate: December 18, 1963
- Birthplace: Shawnee, Oklahoma, USA
- Education: Studied journalism with a focus on advertising at the University of Missouri, Columbia (did not graduate)
- Children: Six children – three adopted (Maddox, Zahara, and Pax) and three biological (Shiloh and twins Knox and Vivienne) with ex-wife Angelina Jolie
- Major Awards: Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for “12 Monkeys” (1996), Academy Award for Best Actor for “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood” (2020), and a Golden Globe Award for “Fight Club” (1999) among many others
- Notable Philanthropy: Co-founder of the Make It Right Foundation, which builds homes for people in need
- Residences: Los Angeles, California, and Château Miraval, France
- Net Worth: Estimated at $300 million as of 2023
- Notable Films: “Fight Club,” “Se7en,” “12 Monkeys,” “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button,” “Moneyball,” “World War Z,” “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood,” and many more
- Production Company: Co-founder of Plan B Entertainment, which has produced multiple award-winning films including “12 Years a Slave,” “The Big Short,” and “Moonlight”
- Known for: Being one of Hollywood’s most popular and highest-paid actors, and for his relationships with Jennifer Aniston and Angelina Jolie
- Fun Fact: Was named People magazine’s “Sexiest Man Alive” twice, in 1995 and 2000
NYC fashion writer blogging about all things lux. Attending New York University, future Fashionista.