Victoria’s Secret has unveiled 19-year old Toni Garrn as the new addition to their Angel list. Next week will be Toni’s first outing as the brand’s new face when she launches the Dream Angels collection. The blue-eyed German model becomes part of an elite group of models that includes names like Heidi Klum, Tyra Banks, Helena Christensen, Stephanie Seymour, Gisele Bündchen, Andriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio and Karolína Kurková.
Discovered in her native Germany back in 2006, the statuesque blonde made her first catwalk appearance at the Calvin Klein Spring/Summer 2008 runway show. Garrn has kept a surprisingly low profile in the fashion world up to now — despite already clocking up campaigns for major fashion houses including Givenchy and Ralph Lauren. With her newly elevated status, expect to see and hear a great deal more.
Here are 5 other things you should know about Toni Garrn, Victoria’s Secret New Angel:
1. She was originally discovered by an agent during the 2006 World Cup in her native Germany.
2. She’s been the face of Hugo Boss, Fendi, Jill Stuart, Prada, Givenchy and more.
3. She’s also starred in a ton of well-known ads, including this Calvin Klein one featuring Lara Stone.
4. She walked in the fall 2012 Christian Dior show in March alongside her rumored friend Karlie Kloss. (They’re Twitter buds!)
5. She “auditioned” for her new gig by walking in the 2011 Victoria’s Secret fashion show.