Audi has unveiled its plug-in gas-electric hybrid A3 e-tron Concept ahead of 2013 Geneva debut.
Audi calls the A3 “a realistic glimpse into the future of mobility as Audi is planning it. The electrification of the drivetrain, above all using plug-in technology, plays a deciding role in the strategy of the brand.”
Here are some of the details on the A3:
- 1.4-liter gasoline engine mated to an electric motor
- 204 horsepower and 258 pounds-feet of torque
- 0-60 mph in about 7.5 seconds
- Top speed of 138 mph
- Can go as fast as 81 mph in electric-only mode
- 31 mile range on battery power
The hybrid concept is Audi’s desire to get into the growing electric market. More details will emerge at the Geneva Motor Show.